Wednesday, July 7, 2010

And you thought fireworks were only on July 4th...

Hey KK!
Well, I just got back from a fun filled weekend in Lincoln, NE hanging out with Wert and Sarah B. Being from Iowa, I've never been much for fireworks and I definitely haven't ever set off my own. Alas, a time comes in a person's life where change is a must. So Nathan gave me some little firework things that you light and it just makes a popping noise. Don't ask me what it was called 'cause I am far from well versed in the nomenclature of fireworks. :) Beside those little things, sparklers were about as "dangerous" as I got. Wert had some neighbors who invested a LOT of money in a bunch; however, and we were able to watch a great show from the backyard.

All-in-all, it was a great weekend. On Tuesday, I was able to meet with a good friend from Omaha (who I played ball with in college) and then hook up for lunch with Sarah B who was picking up Anna White from the Omaha airport. It was pretty much the perfect day - no rushing between friends and not much downtime to wait around either!!

Now I'm back in Des Moines. I took some pictures of our fun times in Lincoln but my camera cord is still at my parents house, so I'll get them up when I can...also the reason I haven't updated my blog recently (haha). ;)

Tonight I'm headed to AllPlay in DSM to Goph's bachelorette party!! Can you believe she's getting married already this weekend??! I feel like the time has just flown, so I can only imagine how it has for her. Yep that's right, sparks will fly two weeks in a row!! So there's been great celebrations this month and it's only getting started. I have my roommate's (from college) wedding the weekend after Goph's. I'm definitely pumped for the CAKE (and I think I'll probably use my bum hips as an excuse not to get my groove on, haha)!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share the excitement that is happening this month. FCA camp is all next week, so I'm pretty pumped about that too!! Maybe I'll just cut and paste this entry to my blog...just kidding. :)

Hope you're enjoying the summer and all the camps and excitement you have going on over there!!!!

Love ya,
KPax

No comments:

Post a Comment