Monday, July 26, 2010

The Wonder of of the Cross

KK!

That last post was powerful. God Soverignly revealed Himself in that situation and continues to. May it point us back to the precious cross - John 16:33 Jesus says, "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. but take heart, I have overcome the world." Christ overcame the grave, bearing the full wrath of God on our behalf and clothing us in His righteousness, not because of anything we've done, but because of His own purpose and grace - that He may be glorified. May we take heart in Him.

Here's some lyrics to a song, "The Wonder of the Cross." It's beautiful and challenging.

O Precious sight, my Savior stands,
Dying for me, with outstretched hands.
O precious sight, I love to gaze,
remembering salvations day,
remembering salvations day.
Though my eyes linger on this scene,
My passing time and years not steal
the power with which it impacts me,
The freshness of its mystery,
The freshness of its mystery.

(Chorus)
May I never lose the wonder,
the wonder of the cross.
May I see it like the first time,
Standing as a sinner lost.
Undone by mercy and left speechless,
watching wide eyed at the cost.
May I never lose the wonder,
the wonder of the cross.

Behold the God-Man crucified,
The perfect sinless sacrifice.
As blood ran down those nails and wood,
History was split in two, yes
History was split in two.
Behold the empty wooden tree,
His body gone, alive and free.
We sing with everlasting joy,
For sin and death have been destroyed,
for sin and death have been destroyed.

(Chorus)


May we continually live in view of His mercy and in awe of the cross. Keep fighting for the gospel, KK. "Gurad the good deposit that was entrusted to you; guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us." 2 Timothy 1:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment