Monday, August 23, 2010

Mosaic is Aflight!? Afloat?... Going

Hello Kelsey Keizer,
Here comes another update from the cube with high walls. Today there was a brief but urgent uproar about my controlling of the thermostat. Apparently the batteries went dead without informing me therefore leaving our section of the office quite warm. I didn't notice. However after several complaints from my co-workers and upon further review of the thermostat, a maintenance report (yes I had to fill out an online form to acquire 3 AAA batteries) was submitted and we are beginning to feel the coolness that comes with air conditioning. Repercussions may include moving me to a new cubicle if I don't take my thermostat responsibilities more seriously.
In other news it was quite the weekend at the Schaepe household. Friday evening we went to a fancy restaurant and spent entirely too much on sea bass for Nathan's birthday (the 22nd). We then proceeded to a successful surprise party for Anna White which included the longest and maybe most irritating game of telephone pictionary I've ever played. Then kpax stayed the night at our house and I saw her for approximately 30 seconds. Saturday we watched 3 movies including Gladiator and Bring It On 1&2. Nathan will never admit to the last two but trust me, it happened and he liked it. We then went to a dual surprise party for my brother and his fiance. Each planned a surprise birthday party for each other which was super awkward but turned out to be not awkward at all because they both really knew about each other parties and duped all the guests. Complicated? Yes. We wrapped up our weekend Sunday with another birthday party/outing at my parents house for Nathan and my brother Ben. (You have not miscounted, that was the 4th). We shot bows and arrows which was fun and a terrible idea for anyone with bad shoulders. After eating entirely too much corn and mashed potatoes we drove to our church meeting in a food comatose.
This is where the title comes into effect.
Our church plant that we are extremely fortunate to be a part of is well on its way. We have been meeting in different houses on Sunday evenings. Its been super great and we have met tons of new people who are passionate about Lincoln, and young families and Jesus. Its a really encouraging and uplifting environment to be in, not to mention hilarious. We shared a ton of laughs last night and got to know each other better. Since the church is still getting off the ground its pretty low key and open forum so anyone can share anything and discussion is facilitated and encouraged by our pastor. I felt super led to share about Exodus 17 and how our group of friends play that out so well and how that has shaped my view of how the church should be. It was awesome. It was so great to hear open struggles and praises and prayers and voices united in song. The first few meetings I felt really uncomfortable but I'm beginning to feel at home and its great to feel at home. I think Jesus is doing some really cool and powerful things in the Mosaic Leadership Team and I'm super excited.

ALMOST AS EXCITED AS I AM FOR YOU TO BE BACK IN THE U-S-A! I'm stinkin' pumped about that!

Okay, love you, bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment