Monday, October 4, 2010

what if...

kk! you're back across the pond again, ready to take on more days, weeks, and months of adventure ahead of you. although i've never been to prague, i'm guessing there's still the chance of a post-weekend case of the mondays. if not, i'm sure you know what i mean :)

today was that kind of monday for me. while chatting with a friend before the start of class tonight, i realized that maybe what i need to make my monday a bit better is a cute, cuddly, clean-smelling baby to hug and squeeze and love for an hour (then give back to his/her parents). HA! since the baby idea is a little too far out of reach (i'm surrounded by young, mostly unmarried grad students who have yet to start families), i decided another great mood lifter would be a puppy. i've always kind of wanted a puppy - when i was little the answer was always no because my mom doesn't like dogs. now that i don't have anyone holding me back it's been a serious contemplation from one day to the next: do i get a puppy, do i not get a puppy? right now i'm working on keeping 3 house plants alive - but you must understand for a while it was a struggle to keep a small cactus going, so this is a step in the right direction. since the weekly plant-watering and sunning of my house plants is still a work in progress, i've decided to put the puppy idea on hold for now.

since you now know of my life goals to having a week without mondays, a baby to cuddle for only an hour, and a puppy to play with, you're probably wondering what this has to do with you, prague, or really anything relevant at all. i can't say that i blame you. through this conversation with my friend before class, i realized that since my first two choices are more unrealistic than i'd like, perhaps a bit of ellen degeneres would do the trick. IT WORKED! after studying for a quiz and reading what seemed like a zillion pages of relatively interesting information, i've been you-tubing (yes, this is a verb) ellen videos for the remainder of my evening/your early morning :)

this video isn't the funniest, or even the shortest of some of the videos i've been checking out. i know ellen videos are frequenting this blog so to save you from the repeat, i thought i'd show you one youprobably haven't seen before. (hint: you can skip ahead to 2:30 - the second half is definitely the better part of the video.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/15/ellen-degeneres-in-chicag_n_612855.html

after the monday that i had, watching this blog got me thinking: what if ellen showed up at my workplace to spice things up for an hour? would i give her an extra piece of candy from the dish on my desk? maybe show her around, introduce her to my favorite coworkers? or maybe i'd just sit her down and ask her about the weather forecast for the week.

love you loads, my dear friend. thanks for allowing me a very good excuse to update you with a mediocre update to my monday, with the help of our friend ellen.

lb

No comments:

Post a Comment