Thursday, March 18, 2010

There's a difference

You've left your mark, Kelsey. BJ and I speak fondly of you quite often. You're a difference maker.

I flew back today after working in Sacramento this week. You see a lot of people and behaviors on planes and in airports. I don't have any faith-vision that can tell what commitments people have made to God and Christ in their lives, but a person can see how people treat one another.

James 3:13 says, "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom."

When you and so many of your cool friends make a decision to witness for Christ as part of your vocation, I wonder how much emphasis is placed on the "talking" portion of a personal testimony. If you tell people why Christ is important to you at halftime, are you disappointed if only 12 people are there? Honestly, many people would be. But should that even be the primary focus?

I wonder if the way you behave at the bus stop, grocery store and in your neighborhood will actually have more lasting impacts than the showcased opportunities to speak of God. I'm not knocking those platforms. Just wondering if we place enough emphasis on the way we act.

The reason I bring it up is that I'm totally convinced that you are having a greater impact that you realize, Kelsey. And in ways and places you don't even realize. Including people on this side of the pond. I witnessed behavior in the airports that was Christ-like today and some that was not. That's one of the things I love about you, Kelsey. Your testimony lives in your actions. You wouldn't have to say a word. Hence, you don't have to sweat it if words seem to fail you at times. i.e. If your Czech just seems to check out. Your presence and kindness do your talking for you. Love you, Sister. Proud of you. Godspeed.

- Lee T - the Adrianne connection

No comments:

Post a Comment