Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Kelsey,

Des Moines has awakened from its Winter slumber as Spring has passed and Summer has arrived. It’s Memorial Day (technically yesterday but I'm only 33 minutes late)!

God has been doing a LOT these days! I’m constantly amazed at how faithful He is and how the Lord comes through in all situations. Although, many times God acts in a way that I do not understand or perceive to be right, it always is. There have been many times in the recent weeks and months as our Bible study has gone out to share the gospel or serve people around Des Moines and though I expect God to work, I can assume that though we ask and seek God in prayer before we go, I often doubt that He really will or is working. However, each and every time we have gone and placed our plans at His feet, the Lord blesses us abundantly.

The hardest part, however, is the waiting. I listened to a Mark Darling message on a Friday afternoon before we went out sharing the gospel (which was unbelievable with some great God stories), and he talked on waiting. Mark references Psalm 89 as the psalm writer (Ethan the Ezrahite) says, “O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies! Where is there anyone as mighty as you, O Lord? You are entirely faithful.”

It is an impossibility for the Lord not to be faithful. So, in time, we will see Him act, for he is faithful to His word.

As for me, I will leave you with three verses from which we can wait, and trust, to see God move:

Galatians 6:9 – “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.”

Hebrews 10:35-36 – “So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.”

Micah 7:7 – “As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.”

Love you dearly,

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment