Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yearn

So last night I had band practice for Sunday morning worship. We are doing a song this week that I've heard, but never led before... "Yearn"... it's so good.

yearn
by shane barnard

holy design
this place in time
that i might seek and find my God
my God

Lord i want to yearn for You
i want to burn with passion
over You and only You
Lord i want to yearn

Your joy is mine
yet why am i fine
with all my singing and bringing grain
in light of Him

oh You give life and breath
through Him You give all things
in Him we live and move
that's why i sing

****
This post implies that we don't always yearn for God, yet we desperately want to. I've been feeling like this lately... like I want to be on fire for God, when I feel like I'm just smoldering. However, it's still steadily burning. And this is my prayer for you--that your faith would be strong and steady... that you would not be discouraged if it's not a bonfire, yet encouraged that it's burning consistently under the shadow of His wing. These lyrics still leave me with questions of their meaning... I'm interested to hear your interpretation. :)

I love and miss you Kelsey!
Dayna

No comments:

Post a Comment