Monday, May 24, 2010

Proverbs 24:11 "Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter."

So I have been thinking a lot about the gospel lately. I have come to the conclusion that without Christ, I am such a coward when it comes to sharing the gospel message, the message of the greatest news that I have ever heard. What in the world? Why are we so afraid of preaching the gospel, we are so good at making excuses on why we aren't sharing with our friends, families, or complete strangers. I often find myself making the excuse that this is not the ideal circumstance to share with them, but what is an ideal circumstance? God's top priority is the salvation of every single soul, so why is it not mine? Here is a super convicting poem that I read the other day..

My Friend:
My friend, I stand in judgement now,
And I feel that you're to blame somehow.
On Earth I walked with you day by day
And never did you point the way.

You knew the Lord in truth and glory.
But never did you tell the story.
My knowledge then was very dim;
You could have led me safe to Him.

Though we lived together here on Earth,
You never told me of the second birth.
And now I stand this day condemned,
Because you failed to mention Him.

You taught me many things, that's true;
I called you "friend" and trusted you.
But I learned now that it's too late;
And you could have kept me from this fate.

We walked by day and talked by night,
And yet you showed me not the light.
You let me live, and love, and die,
You knew I'd never live on high.

Yes, I called you "friend" in life,
And trusted you through joy and strife.
And yet, on coming to this dreadful end,
I cannot now, call you "my friend."



Aw! How crazy is that? I have been thinking about all the people that have come and gone throughout my life, that I was so much of a wimp to share the gospel to them. I have been begging God to change me in this area. I need him to strengthen me and give me a boldness.

Here is another crazy quote, which you have probably heard before, but it's one of my favorites..
"If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. And if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned or unprayed for." Charles Spurgeon

Fellowship of the Unashamed:
"I am part of the 'Fellowship of the Unashamed'. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.
I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.
My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heave, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear.
I won't give up, back up, let up or shut up until I've preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I must go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until all I know, and work until He comes. And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear. 'For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ'."

I'm praying for you sister. That you might be a bold witness to a country that is so very dark and desperate for hope. I am so thankful for your example!
Dybs

No comments:

Post a Comment