Monday, February 8, 2010

Emmanuel--God with Us!

I think about what it must be like: Everywhere you go, everyone you see, everything you touch is new. You're walking where you've never walked before and spreading the Word in places and to people you don't know, and who don't know you. It must be thrilling ... and terrifying.

After I'd left my hometown for college, I realized what a sheltered life I had led. It seems so silly now, but I was afraid of black people. I guess, presented the opportunity to fear them, I would have felt the same about Asian, Indian, Cambodian, Mongolian ... any ethnic group I'd never before encountered. I didn't know they were ordinary people, just like me.

Since then, we've been blessed to travel the globe and get to know people of all races, religions, heritages and cultures. They've enriched my life beyond measure--as I know they will yours.

Knowing you, I doubt you fear like I once did. But this entire rambling reminds me how God is with us all the time, wherever we go. When we rely on Him, He takes away the fear. He gives us the perfect words. He USES us in ways we could never imagine possible. Emmanuel--God with us.

Kelsey, you are an amazing person doing an amazing thing (the first of many, no doubt). Know that we think about you, pray for you, and trust God to be with you every second of every day.

Go get 'em! God's there to help!

--BJ Towe

No comments:

Post a Comment