Friday, February 26, 2010

When all you need is a little smile...

HEY SISTER!

So I've been thinking about you like crazy today... for no other reason than because I can :) I had to wake up super early for work this morning (something I don't usually love) so to get myself going and in a better mood about it all I reminisced our photoshoot with casey on the floor of your basement before going to bed, and the 80s workout video that next morning before getting ready for Adrianne's Iowa wedding. Like I said, it's random. But it definitely brought a smile to my face!

This week was a bit of a doozy for me - plenty of papers, tests, reading assignments, and a pretty demanding workload made for a not so loving-life me. Then I remembered how you chose to leave the country, the comfort of your community at home, your friends, and your American life, all to love on people every chance you get. You totally win on that one. Anyway, now that the week is behind me, I'm [finally] finding the time to put my feet up and relax tonight, I decided I'm well overdue for a little hello to you (yeah, that rhymed... :)

On the way home from work today I was listening to the radio and heard a little something about a study to find the most recognizable/happily addictive sounds. On the list were a few random things, like a sizzling steak (really?), the wedding song everybody but the fun people walk down the aisle to (no offense, but it's true.... it's also a classic), and the star spangled banner. But my favorite was the #1 most addicting sound to listen to: a baby's laughter. So, in honor of getting through my week, giving you a little extra lovin to spread around and because you just make me smile THIS MUCH, these are for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HttF5HVYtlQ



[I really hope those links work... otherwise, I'll send them again darnit!]

Love you to the moon and back,
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment